Chicken Braise Caccitore Style
I made this with Chorizo instead of Caccitore - its all my butcher had - but it still tasted great.
- 6 Chicken Maryland or similar - basically the thigh portion with or san leg.
- 1 small Chorizo or Caccitore or any tasty sausage diced.
- 1 tbsp Vinegar to deglaze the pan
- 1 clove Garlic
- 50 g Olives
- 5 Spring onions Sliced approx 2cm or 1 in pieces
- 300 g Brussel sprouts
- 672 ml Italian Tomato Sauce Passata or plain Sugo
- to taste Salt
- to tase Pepper - Black
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Anchovy Fillets
- 1 Le Creuset or similar cooktop to oven pan with a lid.
Brown the chorizo, anchovies and garlic in the olive oil.
Add the chicken skin side down and cook until it starts to stick a little.
De-glaze with the vinegar.
Add the passata, olives and spring onions.
Bake for 1 hour.
Remove from oven and add the brussel sprouts
Bake for 45 mins remove the lid and return for another 15 mins.
Its ready when its got darker in colour and richer in flavour.