Chicken Larb - Asian Ground Chicken (Mince) Salad
The Thais make this soooo hot but you chose the level of inferno!
Servings 4 people
- 600 g Ground Chicken (Mince)
- 1 clove Garlic finely diced
- 3 Spring onion finely sliced
- 1 inch Ginger finely diced or grated
- 1 medium Chilli Green finely diced and deseeded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- 200 g Cabbage Chinese finely shredded
- 100 g Mung Bean Sprouts
- 1 medium Carrot julienned
- 100 g Lettuce of your chocie whatever is in season - shredded
- 2 medium Radish finely diced
- 5 leaves Coriander Leaves
- 5 leaves Mint Fresh Leaves
- 10 g Asian fried shallots
- 5 g Sesame seeds Black if you can get them - toasted
Sautee the onion, garlic and ginger in the olive oil. Add the chicken and fish sauce. Use a large frypan and do NOT overcrowd the chicken as it will stew and be tough. Fry until cooked. Set aside to cool slightly.
Chiffonnade the herbs.
Assemble the salad in a bowl.
Mix the chicken through the salad and garnish ready to serve.